Aariti Rana was awarded a certificate of participation by the International Soft Ball Federation & Soft Ball Confederation of Asia. Govt. of India and Indian Olympic Confederation of Asia Punjab softball association. She participated in National Matches of softball (opens) from 27th May to 1st June 2007.
Ishika Sinha from the N.G.O. Shiksha conducted ‘Influenza awareness campaign’ .
Information was distributed to children and the children also participated in the essay competition on the following topics:
• Here comes the Vaxi Man.
• Say bye bye to influenza.
• Immunity against influenza.
The prizes were Best School Trophy:
1st Prize: Digital Camera.
2nd Prize: Encyclopedia
3rd Prize: Science Encyclopedia
50 Consolation prizes.
Certificate of participation were given to all participants.
The 1st prize ‘A Digital Camera’ was bagged by Akshi Yadav of VII-C.
Consolation prizes were received by:
• Aishwarya Chaubey VIII-F
• Kanika VIII-A
• Preeti Kumar VIII-E
• Arushi Kanojia VIII-F
Tie and dye workshop by NIE Team. Children learnt the technique and their work were displayed on the bulletin board. It gave a very colorful and decorative look to the middle school.
A 20 minute live presentation was given Ishika, Deb and Karan on ‘Invest in Health’. For the quiz their were prizes for the winners and souvenirs for the participants.
How to improve the English vocabulary by playing games in class.
Workshop by Ishika, Deb and Karan dramatized situations and in a very interesting way taught children how to overcome bad habits. The message was conveyed to the children with a good sense of humor.
It was started by kho-kho matches between different houses of each class during the games period. Posters for the competition were made by:
1. Prachi Kapur VII-F
2. Sheetal Bhaduria VII-F
3. Kanishka Soni VII-F
4. Aishwarya Purohit VII-F
The winners were:
VI – E
VII - A
VIII - E
A workshop for candle making was organized by N.I.E.
A workshop on etiquette and manners for class VIII was organized by N.I.E. team.
Class VII ‘Talk for Value Education’ by Ram Krishna Mission team.
An Inter House Bulletin Board Competition was held for class VIII. Maitrayee House was declared 1st, Lakshmi Bai House 2nd and 3rd by Senior School Teachers, Mrs.M.Chetani & Mrs. Indra Mehta as judges.
Independence Day function- The children sang patriotic songs and recited poems and speeches in which the contribution of freedom fighters was described.
Kritika Choudary of VIII-A came first in a dance competition at Shikshanti Niketan. She was awarded a scholarship of Rs. 1500/-
Iskon Quiz Examination by Bhakti Vedanta Educational Centre, Founder Acharya MDG A.C. Bhakti Vedanta ‘Swami’ Prabhupada’. Panchsheel Enclave, New Delhi - 110013.
No. of participants - 78
No. of students absent - 10
No. of Consolation prizes - 29
No. of participation certificates - 34
No. of certificates not given - 3
2nd prize - 1
Aishwarya of VII - F received the 2nd prize. A chanting box and a certificate.
Special mention must be made for Ramsha of VII who conducted the examination fee collection and names of children appering for it.
Kite making workshop for VI class. The bulletin boards were decorated by kites made by the students.
Ikebana workshop by N.I.E.
Kite making for class VII.
Anjali Nair – 4th Noida Open Swimming Meet Sector 15A, Noida, U.P.
• Certificate of merit was received by Anjali Nair of girls group I who secured second position in 100mtrs. Free style, 100mtrs Butterfly, 200mtrs. & 100mtrs back stroke, 15mtrs Free style, 100mtrs Beast stroke in the 4th Noida Open Swimming Meet held on 18th & 19th August.
• Directorate of Education –Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi, Certificate of Merit was awarded to Anjali Nair (2007-2008) Inter School Aquatic Meet (boys/girls) girls III category. In 50mtrs. Butterfly, 50mtrs breast stroke, 100mtrs Butterfly her position was 3rd.
• She also received a certificate of merit from the Delhi Swimming Association (2007-2008) of girls group III. She participated in 50mtrs Butterfly, 4*50 mtrs med-relay, 4*50 mtrs Free style Relay & was placed 1st in these events. She was 2nd in 50mtrs. Breast stroke and in 100mtrs. Breast stroke and got a Trophy of team Championship in girls group III.
• She received a Certificate of Merit at the Delhi Talent Search in the Open Aquatic Meet & secured 1st position in 50mtrs. Butterfly, 2nd position in 50mtrs. Breast stroke, 50m, mtrs. Back stroke & 3rd position in 200mtrs. Girls group IV.
27th August 2007
Saumya Rajan & Vidhi Bhardwaj of VIII-A participated in the Annual Astronomy Quiz Contest 2007 organized by Nehru Planetarium, New Delhi.
Naina Activity Educational Society (registered) organized 14th Invitational Inter-School Dance & Aerobics Competition at Salwan Senior Sec. School. The registration fee was Rs.200/- per participant.
Anindita Paria of VIII-C was selected for Voice of Delhi by an audition at C. R. Park.
Zonal Science Exhibition-
Prachi Gangal & Aanchal Agarwal displayed a project on adulteration – Chemistry in the kitchen.
• Tuba Naqvi & Kshipra Walia displayed candle making in the work experience section & bagged the 1st prize. They will go for the state level exhibition.
• Bipasha Dey & Mandrika Sarkar participated in the debate ‘Internet is a boon’.
• Nonita Saha and Oishi Deb exhibited a model of Brain as the electrical gadget class VIII.
• Class VII presented a drama on Environment.’ Trees-How are they useful.
Prachi Kapur VII-F
Kanishka Soni VII-F
Aishwarya Purohit VII-F
Raubha Mafiq VII-D
Shivani Chikara VII-F
• In zonal competition Angelica Basak VIII-A was placed in the 1st position in a poster competition.
Sudeshna VIII-C, Anmol VIII-D, Harshita VIII-F, Rutvi VIII-A, Apoorva Sinha VIII-E participated in the National Children Science Congress and the school team received the 2nd prize for Global warming-causes and how to reduce it.
Hindustan Times Newspaper in Education at Bhartiya Vidhya Bhawan:
• Shruti Verma 7B participated in Sanskrit Recitation.
• Aishwarya of 7f & Anmol of 8d participated in Hindi Recitation.
• Harsimran of 8D & Harshita OF 8F PARTICIPATED IN English Recitation.
• Aishwarya 7B bagged the 1st prize in Hindi Recitation.
• Angelica Basak secured the 1st position in Art competition.
It organized the first Youth Art Contest. All students who participated were awarded certificates on 15th of October, the Enlightened and Citizenship Day, the birthday of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
Vinisha Pal 8D and Nishtha Varshney 8D participated in a debate ‘ The fast depleting fossil fuels have a dismal future, are we prepared to cope with the developing situation?’ at National Bal Bhawan.
Fundamental Quiz Competition at Siri Fort Auditorium was organized by N.I.E. The school team consisted of Navodita Sood 8E.
• Iffat 8A
• Charu Bisht 8E
Sudipta Deb 8C and Durre-e-Sameen 8a participated in a declamation contest at National Bal Bhawan.
A programme held in September 2007 in school. The following students were declared:
• 1st Malisa Alfred 7D
• 2nd Monica Banerjee 7D
• 3rd Himanshi 7E
Bengal Association organized a music competition at Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Sr. Sec. School.
• Anindita Paria 8C Regional song Position-III
• Sonali 6A Folk song Position-II
• Sohini 7B Folk song Position-III
Prize award function organized by Ms. Rita Narang to honour the memory of her mother and other special women. 400 students were awarded for their accomplishments in the whole school.
The following students participated in the Delhi Schools Sports & Activities Board, Directorate of Education, Zone XXVI, District New Delhi Sub Juniors at Modern School, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi.
• Monal 8B 400mtrs. & 800mtrs.
• Radhika 8B400mtrs. & 800mtrs.
• Shivani 7A 400mtrs. & 800mtrs.
• Vandita 7A 400mtrs. & 800mtrs.
• Meghna 7A 400mtrs. & 800mtrs.
• Chaitali 7A 400mtrs. & 800mtrs.
• Tanvi 8B 100mtrs.
• Dharvi 8B 600mtrs.
• Yamini 8C 600mtrs.
They received certificates & Monal Bhelave was awarded the 3rd position in 400mtrs. race.